At a recent meeting a colleague said, “In our office we have a constant Twitter feed on display. If you are feeling ‘low’, just look at that feed and your spirits will soon ‘soar’ in terms of the fantastic stuff that teachers are sharing with each other.”
You can find details of Scottish Schools on Twitter at ZeeMaps.
Even just a quick trawl uncovers some interesting practice, with schools:
- informing parents and carers of upcoming events
- showcasing pupil work and sporting activities
- sharing information about careers advice and work placements
- encouraging networking amongst teachers
- supporting professional learning
This is the first in an occasional series of papers that shine a spotlight on school practice using Twitter.